Starward Old Fashioned Cocktail
A good Old Fashioned is notoriously difficult to get just right. Instead, we’ve put in the hard yards for you. This no fuss, new world take on a classic cocktail will let you indulge your tastebuds without having to play bartender all night.
Expertly crafted by our top Starward distillers and bartenders. We take our signature single malt and add house-made wattle seed and orange bitters and demerara sugar. The perfect mellow balance of spice with just a hint of sweetness.
Pour over ice with a twist of orange. With 10 serves in a bottle, it’s great at a BBQ with steak, sardines or chicken.SKU: STW05-NV00500-RTD
Starward Two Fold
Just like our hometown, Melbourne Australia, our Starward whiskies are versatile and a little different. Two-Fold is an approachable and proudly versatile whisky crafted to be enjoyed any way you like. We bring together local ingredients and Australian red wine barrels, to make the epitome of a distinctly Australian spirit. This double grain whisky, made from Australian barley (for depth) and wheat (for aromatic dry flavour), is a whisky made to be mixed, spritzed, or shaken.
- Nose : Bright red berries coated in buttery vanilla spice.
- Palate : Imagine a smooth, rich caramel dessert balanced by tropical fruit.
- Finish : Delicate and long. A delicious, dry finish from a faded sweetness.
Nova is Starward’s signature single malt whisky which has received several global awards, but the real gold is in the bottle. This whisky is fully matured in Australian red wine barrels from wineries local to our distillery. These wineries make the great Australian shiraz, cabernet and pinot noir wines.
With our distillery located within a day’s drive to Australia’s most famed wine regions, we often receive many of our barrels within hours of being emptied. This allows us to ‘wet fill’ our barrels with new make spirit to access as much of the wine’s fruit character as possible. The result is a deliciously balanced and bold whisky made for sharing and mixing.
- Nose : Bright flavours of red berries and orchard fruit and coated them in soft oak spice.
- Palate : Imagine a rich red berry pudding covered in vanilla, caramel and spice.
- Finish : Balanced and long. The sweetness fades and the delicious flavour goes on.
Solera was our very first Starward whisky. A twice distilled single malt whisky. We ferment Australian malted barley with brewers’ yeast for an extra flavourful craft finish. Solera is fully matured in carefully selected Apera casks, an Australian fortified wine that’s similar to Sherry. Made using the traditional solera process means there is a drop of our very first whisky in every bottle. This whisky is a bona fide Starward Australian take on a traditional whisky.
- Nose : Bright tropical and orchard fruits, caramel and vanilla.
- Palate : Toasty caramel and creme brûlée, banana, figs and sweet spice.
- Finish : Juicy and full with a lingering dry spice.
Fortis meaning ‘brave, bold’, is a full bodied, full flavoured whisky that celebrates local Australian ingredients. Bottled at a higher ABV of 50% and non-chill filtered, this whisky
is fully matured in 100% American oak red wine barrels, predominately sourced from the Barossa Valley.
These barrels, which previously held big Australian bold reds like cabernet and shiraz, offer a fuller and richer mouthfeel to this single malt whisky. Starward Fortis is blended in batches, meaning each batch will be unique but will maintain the core flavour profile and intensity.
- Nose : Very forward aromas of Madagascan vanilla pods, rich toasted American oak, blackberry jam, raisins, caramelised fig, raw sugar and over ripe plums.
- Palate : Rich and full bodied, upfront vanillin, quince paste, Muscadelle raisins, chocolate ganache, cinnamon and baked banana bread.
- Finish : Viscous and long. It really captures the whole palate and balances well with a finish of baking spices from the oak and ripe figs and raisins.