Armando, Tiziano, Paolo and Massimo Castagnedi: four brothers and a single passion that originated among their father’s vineyards at San Zeno di Colognola ai Colli, in Valpolicella where the most famous Veronese wines are made: Amarone, Valpolicella, Soave.
In 1989 they took the bold and far-sighted decision to buy a property in the Monti Garbi, laying the foundation for what has now become an agricultural estate known throughout the world, the producer of excellent wines, with more than one hundred farmed hectares and a state-of-the-art ageing facility.
Tenuta Sant’Antonio lies along the hills of the Illasi and Mezzane valleys where a mild climate and influences from Lake Garda are prevalent. Cultivated throughout their estate are Corvinone, Corvina, Rondinella, Garganega, Trebbiano di Soave and Chardonnay. Quality is their mission and natural production of wines is paramount.
Tenuta Sant’Antonio Fontana Soave 2019
The aromas on this Soave are absolutely beautiful and the wine offers just the right density in the mouth to support all that preach and citrus intensity. This is a lovely Soave to pair will grilled shrimp or fish tacos. From the municipality of Colognola ai Colli and Illasi (Verona).
- Colour : straw yellow with greenish reflections
- Nose : fresh floral hint of white wine flowers and elderberry, mild white ripe fruit like apple and pear
- Palate : semi-dry and fairly warm with sustained but well balanced acidity, pleasant almond aftertaste.
Garganega 90%, Trebbiano di Soave 5%, Chardonnay 5%SKU: TNT05-1900750-WH
Tenuta Sant’Antonio Valpolicella Ripasso Monti Garbi 2018
The vineyards of Tenuta Sant’Antonio lie on the Monti Garbi: harsh and impervious soil, but generous with great wines. Like this splendid combination of Valpolicella Giovane and Amarone skins. Produced from the municipality of Mezzane di Sotto – Monti Garbi District (Verona).
- Colour : ruby red.
- Nose : red fruit and cherry.
- Palate : semi-dry, soft, caressing, fresh, savoury and fairly tannic with a spicy aftertaste.
- Corvina and Corvinone 70% – Rondinella 20% – Croatina and Oseleta 10%.
Tenuta Sant’Antonio Amarone Della Valpolicella Antonio Castagnedi 2016
A family tradition, a wine that tells a story. Antonio Castagnedi loves his family and the good wine of his land. This is dedicated to him and to his love. Produced from the municipality of Mezzane di Sotto – Monti Garbi District (Verona)
- Colour : ruby red with purple reflections.
- Nose : ripe red fruit, spicy aromas of liquorice, black pepper and hints of chocolate.
- Palate : well balanced, with fat tannins, soft, warm, savoury, elegant, fine and fresh.
- Corvina and Corvinone 70% – Rondinella 20% – Croatina 5% – Oseleta 5%
Tenuta Sant’Antonio Campo dei Gigli Amarone della Valpolicella 2015
The wine with most awards from the best international juries. The oldest vineyard is dedicated to the lily, the flower that symbolises Tenuta Sant’Antonio. A single vine grows in that vineyard, giving a unique wine.
- Colour : inky ruby red with purple reflections
- Nose : wild fruits, woody hints and mineral tones with aromas of liquorice, black pepper, tobacco, spices and chocolate.
- Palate : balanced, very intense, with a lingering robust body, to be drunk at least 5 years after harvesting.
Corvina and Corvinone 70% – Rondinella 20% – Croatina 5% – Oseleta 5%SKU: TNT03-1500750-RD
Tenuta Sant’Antonio Lilium Est Amarone Della Valpolicella Riserva 2008
The flower among flowers of Valpolicella. In Latin, the name of the reserve means “it is a lily”.
This Reserve is dedicated to the best of the whole field. Produced from the municipality of Mezzane di Sotto – Monti Garbi District (Verona).
Colour : Inky ruby red, clear and consistent.
Nose : Its aroma is very intense, full and fine. Balsamic, almost iodine notes can be appreciated immediately, conveyed by the notable alcoholic strength. These then give way to the characteristic aroma of ripe cherries, plums, small woodland berries; spicy aroma of star anise, cinnamon, cardamom, black pepper, vanilla and ginger. Tertiary aromas of cocoa, chocolate, goudron, almond, toasted hazelnuts and pipe tobacco.
Palate : Dry, warm and soft, well supported by a notable acidity, richness of flavour and rounded tannin content. Very persistent and fine balance. Certainly ready, a wine with strong shoulders that can stand the test of time.
Corvina and Corvinone 70% – Rondinella 20% – Croatina 5% – Oseleta 5%.SKU: TNT04-0800750-RD
[Bundle of 6] Tenuta Sant’Antonio Amarone Della Valpolicella Antonio Castagnedi 2016
“The Tenuta Sant’Antonio Amarone Della Valpolicella Antonio Castagnedi 2016 is one of the estate’s top rated vintages and is a real crowd-pleaser, pairing perfectly with game, grilled red meat, anything with truffles and aged cheese.”
Characterised by a deep ruby red colour with a subtle purple hue, the wine opens deliciously with aromas of ripe red fruit, accompanied by notes of liquorice, black pepper and chocolate.SKU: n/a