The Revival is the first expression released from Glenglassaugh distillery after being mothballed for more than 20 years. The Glenglassaugh Revival has been matured in a balanced mix of ex-red wine and fresh bourbon casks, vatted and re-racked for double maturation in rich sherry casks. Bottled at 46%, non-chill filtered and of natural colour.
- Colour : Copper
- Nose : Sweet caramel and toffee with notes of nutty sherry, milk chocolate and honey. Ripe plums, red berries and oranges. Caramelised sugar and earthy, charred oak.
- Palate : Sweet, rounded and creamy. Oranges, plums, cherries and walnuts, chocolate, honey-mead, sherry and soft, spiced oak.
Glengoyne 12 Year Old
Lemon zest, toffee apples – and a scent of coconut. Hand-selected sherry casks help create this paradise of flavours and rich, golden colour. It’s the taste of Scotland’s slowest distillation, and our insistence on barley dried by air – never peat.
- Colour : Natural, rich gold
- Nose : Coconut oil, honey, lemon zest, dried oak
- Palate : Toffee apples, cinnamon spice, ginger, orange and shortbread
- Finish : A hint of sherry and soft oak. Very well balanced
The Glendronach Original 12 Years
The GlenDronach 12 Year Old, epitomises our unyielding dedication to the mastery of our craft. Matured in fine Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks from Andalucía in Spain, this richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky presents smooth vanilla, soft fruits and a memorably long, nutty finish, for which it has become renowned. The expression is bottled at 43%, non-chill filtered and natural in colour.
- Colour : Deep amber-red gold.
- Nose : Sweet, creamy vanilla with hints of ginger. Spiced mulled wine and pear.
- Taste : Rich, creamy, silky-smooth. Warm, rich oak and sherry sweetness, full mouth feel, raisins and soft fruits. Spicy with medium length and a dry finish.
The Glendronach Peated
In contrast to the traditional non-peated character of The GlenDronach, this whisky has been distilled using gently peated malted barley. The expression is matured in bourbon casks followed by a second period of maturation in the finest Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez sherry casks. The marriage offers crisp fruit and barley-laden characteristics of a Highland whisky surrounded by a gentle peat smoke
- Colour : Vivid harvest gold.
- Nose : A delightful aroma of ripe gooseberries dusted with cinnamon sugar combines with a contrasting crisp citrus. The delicate peat influences give a smouldering charred wood character filled with freshly ground barley and hints of vanilla toffee.
- Taste : Vibrant oak spices and floral heather honey develop to rosehips and barley sugars, all warmed by a touch of white pepper. Subtle peat notes complement the palate by giving a delicate depth and dryness of glowing campfire embers.
Glenglassaugh Evolution is created by maturing the whisky in a unique combination of the finest hand-picked ex-Tennessee first-fill whiskey barrels. This expression shows great depth of character and finesse, a harmonious combination of whisky and oak. Bottled at 50%, natural colour and non-chill filtered.
- Colour : Crisp harvest gold
- Nose : Luscious combination of sweet barley, delicate pineapple and waves of soft buttery vanilla. Deeper oak spices and caramelised pear develop.
- Palate : Robust, white peppery oak floods through crisp green apple and freshly cracked barley. A gentle salted caramel emerges alongside hints of ripe banana and fruit salad syrup.
At Glenglassaugh, we also produce a very limited quantity of whisky using richly peated malted barley as the cereal varietal. Glenglassaugh ‘Torfa’, with its peaty, phenolic nature, is a unique expression, and is quite different to the usual style of whisky produced in the Highlands.
- Colour : Gleaming yellow gold
- Nose : Vivid, sweet, sooty campfire smoke and sea-air infuses zest of lime, apricot jam and ripe soft fruits; all gently warmed by hints of stem ginger and cracked black pepper.
- Palate : An eloquent, sweet coastal pear smoke engulfs candied peel over melon, pineapple and roasted red apples. Oat biscuits, hints of heather honey and a gentle cigar box spice combines to give a terrific balance to the expressive smoke character.
The GlenDronach Traditionally Peated
To honour The GlenDronach’s early whisky making heritage, Master Blender Dr. Rachel Barrie has crafted The GlenDronach Traditionally Peated using the same principles laid down by our founder James Allardice almost two centuries ago. At this time it was traditional practice in the Highlands to burn peat in the kiln towards the end of the barley malting, creating a rich and warm, earthy smoke. Interwoven with robust Highland character, The GlenDronach Traditionally Peated is peated to those traditional levels and has all the full-bodied richness of The GlenDronach. Matured in the finest Pedro Ximénez, Oloroso sherry and Port casks.
The expression is bottled at 48%, non-chill filtered and natural in colour.
- Colour : Vivid harvest gold.
- Nose : Highland toffee and treacle meld with dark honey and coal smoked barley.
- Taste : Sip burnt orange and treacle on a base of cloves and smoked bramble.
- Finish : Savour liquorice and dark fruit into the lingering rich, earthy finish.
Glengoyne Cask Strength Batch 5
Digestive biscuits, ripe bananas and a hint of pepper. This is the taste of Scotland’s slowest distillation, matured in sherry casks crafted from European and American oak. It’s then bottled as tradition insists: at cask strength, unchill-filtered.
- Color : Amber gold
- Nose : Fig, peppery oak, lemon zest and bourbon biscuits.
- Palate : Sultanas, pear drops, chocolate peanuts and orange oil.
- Finish : Long and well-spiced with pepper and cinnamon.
The Glendronach Peated Port Wood
The GlenDronach Peated Port Wood is a rare example of Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, made in the ‘old style’, from malted barley dried with Highland peat. Inspired by the historical import of casked port into Scotland during the nineteenth century, the peated spirit has then undergone a final maturation in the finest port pipes, from the Douro Valley in Portugal. The whisky maker has hand-selected and expertly combined these port pipes, to create a rare and surprising expression of The GlenDronach. The GlenDronach Peated Port Wood is bottled at 46% ABV, non-chill filtered and natural colour.
- Colour : Dark amber with a ruby heart
- Nose : Wild strawberries dusted with cinnamon sugar, filled with sweet wood smoke. A warming hint of black pepper and a sprig of mint appear in the back note.
- Taste : Crisp, tart cranberry juice, flooded with waves of Highland smoke, sweetens to red berry compote, with rich, stewed barley.
The Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 7
At The GlenDronach, our time-honoured process of production ensures we continually master the art of crafting one of the world’s richest, fruity and complex Single Malts. This Cask Strength release offers a deeper insight into this profile by bottling the whisky in its most natural and non-diluted form. Like all previous Cask Strength batches from The GlenDronach, this expression continues our tradition of marrying the finest Spanish sherry casks from Andalucía; Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez. The Oloroso contributes to the fruity and elegant nature of The GlenDronach, with notes of dark bramble fruits and gentle spices. Pedro Ximenez contributes the robust and full-bodied richness of The GlenDronach, often characterised by notes of dark chocolate and stewed fruits.
With each Cask Strength release, our Master Blender selects the ideal marriage of these two casks before bottling without chill filtration, at high strength and naturally deep in colour, as was the custom before the turn of the 20th century. Add a drop or two of water to reveal a cornucopia of flavour – from wild figs and brambles to baked apple and damson plum.
Such is the reward of our 7th batch of The GlenDronach Cask Strength, a richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky matured in finest Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks.
- Colour : Deep bronze
- Nose : Cherry brandy and chocolate with blackberry vines, wild figs and Highland Toffee.
- Taste : Burst of brambles and ripe sultanas give way to Seville Orange and roasted chestnut.
- Finish : Baked apple and damson plum linger with chocolate walnut and whipped cream.
The Glendronach Port Wood
Made by our craftsmen using the same, time-honoured methods passed down through generations for almost two hundred years, The GlenDronach’s rich, full bodied Highland spirit has been matured in the distillery’s signature Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks, followed by a second maturation in some of the finest port pipes from the majestic Douro Valley of Portugal. Expertly selected and married by The GlenDronach Master Blender, Dr Rachel Barrie, The GlenDronach Port Wood is a rich and fruity ten-year-old limited release to be savoured.
- Colour : Intense cherry wood.
- Nose : Breathe in delightful waves of Victoria plum, bramble and strawberry jam with top notes of cherry blossom and honeysuckle on a base of sandalwood and ginger.
- Taste : Layers upon layers of rich fruits. Sip blackberry and roasted apple crumble with freshly baked gingerbread, developing into a baked orange and black cherry.
The Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 8
The GlenDronach Cask Strength Batch 8
The GlenDronach Cask Strength offers connoisseurs a deeper insight into the distillery’s signature profile, by bottling the whisky at its natural cask strength of 61%. The 8th release of this expression has been matured for 10 years in both Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks, resulting in an exquisitely rich and full-bodied Single Malt, with the full depth of the long maturation in Spanish oak. With each Cask Strength release, our Master Blender selects the perfect marriage of these two cask styles, before bottling without chill filtration and at high strength, as was the custom before the turn of the 20th century.
Add a drop or two of water to reveal a cornucopia of flavour; from mocha, dark chocolate and caramel macchiato to cherry cake layered with sultanas and plums. The depth of flavour continues into The GlenDronach’s signature long and lingering finish, which is particularly notable in this expression. As with all The GlenDronach expressions, all of the natural colour is drawn from the slow maturation in Spanish oak casks.
- Colour : Deep tawny gold.
- Nose : San.dalwood, oak balsam and richly aromatic Colombian coffee, with dark manuka honey, cocoa and Brazil nut.
- Taste : Like sipping velvet, with mocha, caramel macchiato and cherry chocolate cake, layered with dates, plum skin and sultana.
- Finish : Savour the exceedingly long finish of espresso coffee and cocoa, with traces of liquorice and cherry tobacco.
Glengoyne 15 Year Old
The depth and sweetness of dried fruit Complex depths and bright tropical notes – with a spicy oak finish. Hints of candied lemon and pineapple reveal the influence of first-fill bourbon casks, balanced by the rich intensity of our signature sherry wood.
- Color : Bright gold
- Nose : Hints of candied lemon and a touch of butterscotch. Creamy cereal sweetness and porridge oats.
- Palate : Oily, rich palate entry with notes of toffee popcorn, salted butter and hints of ground walnuts. All-spice and lemon rinds.
- Finish : Oaky, malty finish.
12% OFFScotch, Vintage & Collectibles, Whisky
The Glendronach The Doric Age In Bourbon & Sherry Cask
A now rare Taiwanese-exclusive bottling of Glendronach, matured in a combination of bourbon and sherry casks and released at an unusually high ABV for this distillery. Expect some strong Sherry input but with extra kick from the alcohol. Non chill filtered.SKU: ZGDN04-NV00700-WS
Glengoyne 18 Year Old
Spicy vanilla fruit, ripe apples and a rich, luxurious mouthfeel. This is the result of eighteen long years and a generous proportion of first-fill sherry casks.
- Color : Medium gold with a rich glow
- Nose : Hints of soft spice and dried peels. A little apricot, honey and vanilla.
- Palate : Creamy custard and dried peels. Allspice, manuka honey and hints of butterscotch.
- Finish : Creamy caramel and malt. Candied peels.
The Glendronach Revival 15 Years
After ceasing production in 2015, The GlenDronach Revival Aged 15 years now returns to the core range of the distillery’s line-up. The expression embodies The GlenDronach’s signature style of Spanish Sherry Cask maturation in fine Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks from Andalucía, quietly growing in stature for 15 years in the darkness of our dunnage warehouses.
In flavour, the expression offers sumptuous notes of dark fruits, rich chocolate and manuka honey with an enveloping, memorable finish worthy of this monumental malt’s history. This luxuriously sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky is bottled at 46% ABV, non-chill filtered and natural in colour.
- Colour : Antique Bronze.
- Nose : An intoxicating burst of maraschino cherry, ripe bramble and dark chocolate mint with hints of orange bitters and walnut liquer.
- Taste : Honey-glazed apricot and ripe fig with a crescendo of black cherry, angelica and muscovado.
- Finish : Long and enveloping with dark manuka honey, herbal bitters and dark chocolate.
The Glendronach Allardice 18 Years
The GlenDronach Allardice 18 Year Old is a fitting tribute to the founder of our distillery. Matured in fine Oloroso sherry casks from Andalucía in Spain, this richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky presents exquisite complexity, with dark treacle, allspice and walnut carrying on into the long, lingering finish.
The expression is bottled at 46%, non-chill filtered and natural in colour.
- Colour : Bright deep gold with a tawny centre.
- Nose : Sweet aromatics of fudge and muscovado sugar. Fruit compote and glacier Morello cherries provide added complexity.
- Taste : Rich, dark and seductive. Remarkable flavours of stewed fruits and allspice marry together with classical aged Oloroso and toasted walnut bread and chocolate orange.
- Finish : Tremendously long and complex.
Scotch, Vintage & Collectibles, Whisky
The Glendronach Revival 15 Years 2015 Edition
- Nose : Instant Christmas cake and heavily sherried fruits, muscovado sugar, toffee, zingy chocolate orange, old leather – like an old brief case, polish, subtle hints of peat if you look closely (usually after a bottle is half finished and sat for a few weeks)
- Taste : Very rich, fruity oil, lots of treacle, toffee, dark chocolate, coffee, muscovado sugar, toasted oak and nuts with dried winter fruits. A decent amount of spice and cloves, hints of cinnamon and sugary honey.
- Finish : Quite long and lingering, spices with an orange tang, complex, more Christmas cake, dried dates and raisins.
The Glendronach Parliament 21 Years
The GlenDronach Parliament 21 Year Old honours the parliament of rooks which continue to guard our warehouses. Matured in fine Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks from Andalucía in Spain, this full bodied, richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky presents elegant and balanced layers of chocolate and spice carrying on into the long, lingering finish.
This expression was named the world’s best Highland Single Malt Whisky at the 2018 World Whisky Awards and is bottled at 48%, non-chill filtered and natural in colour.
- Colour : Deep amber with a cherry wood sheen.
- Nose : A delicate mix of ripe autumnal fruits – notably blackberries and red plums. Rich Oloroso sherry and candied orange segments. Spiced oatmeal biscuits and toasted oak fragrances bring excellent weight and balance.
- Taste : Resolute flavours of fine Oloroso sherry and bitter chocolate sauce, which has been spread liberally over homemade plum pudding. This is all infused with fabulous spicy notes – cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Full-bodied with smooth tannins.
- Finish : Long and lingering.
Glengoyne 25 Year Old
Elegant spice, treacle toffee, rich sherry oak – with an endlessly complex finish. Matured exclusively in hand-selected sherry casks for a character-building quarter-century.
- Color : Deep amber
- Nose : Big notes of sherry-soaked fruit up front – raisins, figs and oranges. This is followed by wafts of toasted almonds and classic notes of old leather.
- Palate : Vanilla and dark chocolate open up the palate. Sherry comes through yet again, but this time in the shape of rich, well spiced fruit cake. Hints of orange and oak round it off.
- Finish : The finish lasts with notes of red fruits and cracked black pepper.
Batch 18, GlenDronach Single Cask, Scotch, Vintage & Collectibles, Whisky
The GlenDronach 26 Years 1994 Cask 7465 Batch 18 Oloroso PuncheonBatch 18, GlenDronach Single Cask, Scotch, Vintage & Collectibles, Whisky
The GlenDronach 26 Years 1994 Cask 7465 Batch 18 Oloroso Puncheon
The GlenDronach 26 Years 1994 Cask 7465 Batch 18 – Oloroso Puncheon
- Nose : Rounded and rich treacle toffee, sherry and butterscotch, with orange peel and baked apple.
- Taste : Stewed apple and candied grape with mocha, treacle and lingering baked orange.
- Colour : Burnished Gold
- Bottles : 676
- Date Distilled : 15th July 1994
- Year Bottled : 2020
The Glendronach 25 Year Old 1993 Master Vintage
The GlenDronach Master Blender, Dr Rachel Barrie, has hand-selected six Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks exclusively from 1993, to create a marriage of exceptional richness and complexity, in this twenty-five-year-old expression of The GlenDronach Highland Single Malt Whisky.
The GlenDronach Master Vintage 1993 Aged 25 Years is bottled at 48.2% ABV, and as is the case for all The GlenDronach expressions, is non-chill filtered and absorbs colour naturally over time from the Spanish oak in which it resides. Only 9429 bottles available worldwide.
- Colour : Mahogany with a golden walnut hue.
- Nose : Rich brandy-laced fruitcake and marzipan on a base of smoked walnut and toasted sultana bread.
- Taste : Sip cocoa-dusted coffee and sultana brioche enlivened by a twist of baked orange rind and the juiciness of prune oil.
- Finish : Savour the long velvet taste of rich cocoa and dates as pecan toffee lingers into the sumptuous finish.
Glenglassaugh 1983 28 Year Old Master Distillers’ Selection
Glenglassaugh 1983 28 Year Old Master Distillers’ Selection Single Malt Scotch Whisky Matured in sherry wood, bottled 2011, one of 390 bottles.
The Glenglassaugh distillery has had a turbulent history opening and closing no less than 7 times in 125 years. Always popular with blenders, single malt releases were limited for most of its very irregular working life. Currently owned by the BenRiach Distillery Company, who purchased the distillery in 2013, the distillery’s focus is now firMLy on the single malt market.
- Distilled : 1985
- Bottled : 2011
- Age : 28 years old
- Cask Type : Sherry Cask
- Cask Number :
- 49.8% ABV / 70cl
- Bottle Number : One of only 390 bottles released
GlenDronach Single Cask, Scotch, Whisky
The Glendronach 25 Years 1993 Cask 393 for Southeast Asia Edition 1GlenDronach Single Cask, Scotch, Whisky
The Glendronach 25 Years 1993 Cask 393 for Southeast Asia Edition 1
Each year Rachel Barrie, our master blender, selects the finest casks from our warehouses to be bottled in their entirety. Each of these cask bottlings imparts their own fingerprint on the GlenDronach new make spirit, delivering unique insights into our award winning house style. This single cask was selected and exclusively bottled for Southeast Asia. Only 611 bottles available worldwide.
- Colour : Copper
- Nose : Vanilla, egg custard, apricot danish, cherry compote, sultanas, wax and milk Chocolate.
- Taste : Dry, apricot, blood orange, sour raspberries, dark chocolate and soot.