BenRiach 10 Years 2007 Cask 8737 Batch 15 Moscatel Cask
The BenRiach 2007 Cask No. 8737 10 Year Old is one of 17 new limited edition whiskies in Batch 15 of BenRiach's popular Single Cask series of whiskies. Distilled on 28th March 2007 and fully matured in a Moscatel sherry cask it was selected by BenRiach Master Blender, Rachel Barrie as part of this latest batch of single cask releases. Non chill-filtered and natural colour this Moscatel sherry cask matured whisky was bottled at 58.9% ABV. Nose: A raisiny fruitiness, a little orange blossom, honey and a touch of marzipan. Taste: A deliciously juicy raisin and apple candied fruitiness coats the mouth. A little cinnamon, honey and a hint of creamy chocolate. Finish: Medium to long with the sweet fruits bittering out leaving some mildly drying oak.
BenRiach 12 Years 2005 Cask 5014 Batch 15 Olorosso Sherry Butt
Filled into an oloroso sherry cask in 2005, this 12 year old BenRiach comes from the distillery's 15th release of their famous single cask expressions. Offering a heavier fruity character than the classic style, this is rich with golden syrup and apple on the note, with apricot and yellow plum notes, moving to notes of fresh brioche with raisins. On the palate, the sherry cask shows its influence, with notes of raisin, sultana and treacle, caramelised orange and red apple tangyness. Bottled at a natural strength of 58.1%.
BenRiach 20 Year Old 1997 Cask 4437 Batch 15 Marsala Hogshead
- Aged : 20 years
- Cask Type : Marsala Hogshead
- Appearance : Deep Autumn russet and gold.
- Nose : Sweet Valencia orange and peach segments on a cream and biscuit base, smothered in syrupy fruit glaze.
- Palate : Peach melba and sweet clementine fruit salad with lingering fresh double cream and toasted almond into the finish.
BenRiach 25 Years 1992 Cask 979 Batch 15 Port Cask
- Appearance : Tawny brown with gold highlights.
- Nose : Honeysuckle and rosehip tea with traces of camomile, orange blossom and cocoa leaf.
- Palate : Nectarine, lemon peel and yellow plum drying out to lingering rooibos, burdock and caraway.