BenRiach 20 Year Old 1997 Cask 4437 Batch 15 Marsala Hogshead
- Aged : 20 years
- Cask Type : Marsala Hogshead
- Appearance : Deep Autumn russet and gold.
- Nose : Sweet Valencia orange and peach segments on a cream and biscuit base, smothered in syrupy fruit glaze.
- Palate : Peach melba and sweet clementine fruit salad with lingering fresh double cream and toasted almond into the finish.
Glenglassaugh 40 Year Old0 out of 5(0)
This is an outstanding representation of this rare and enduring Highland single malt. Matured for over 40 years, this rich whisky has an abundance of of sweet tropical fruits and sophisticated sherry characteristics. Bottled at 42.5%ABV, non-chill filtered and at natural colour, this unique expression is full of character and complexity.
- Colour : Deep gold.
- Nose : An abundance of sweet syrupy tropical fruits; banana, pineapple and mango in perfect harmony with gentle Oloroso sherry.
- Palate : Sweet, rich, syrupy and complex. Oloroso sherry, toffee apples, mango and banana sit beautifully in the mouth alongside ginger and cocoa spice.
Bourbon, Promotion, Whisky
Buffalo Trace0 out of 5(0)
Ancient buffalo carved paths through the wilderness that led American pioneers and explorers to new frontiers. One such trail led to the banks of the Kentucky River where Buffalo Trace Distillery has been making bourbon whiskey the same way for more than 200 years. In tribute to the mighty buffalo and the rugged, independent spirit of the pioneers who followed them, we created our signature Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
This deep amber whiskey has a complex aroma of vanilla, mint and molasses. Pleasantly sweet to the taste with notes of brown sugar and spice that give way to oak, toffee, dark fruit and anise. This whiskey finishes long and smooth with serious depth.SKU: BFT01-NV00750-WA
BenRiach 35 Years0 out of 5(0)
Building on the current recipe of the 25-year-old, the 35-year-old is also an elegant balance of bourbon and red wine casks. The combination at this age is used to best exemplify the classic fruit-forward BenRiach character. Unlike most red wine cask maturation that will just use the cask for finishing or in smaller quantities, this is a rare composition of bourbon barrel and red wine cask at a ratio of 50:50.
Nose: Luscious tropical fruit salad syrup with a delicate ripped mint and chocolate back note; all warmed by a gentle toasted oak spice.
Palate: A classic Speyside style combining waves of papaya and dried apricots with freshly-sawn oak spices, touches of golden syrup and distant milk chocolate which gently flow through the elegant long finish; long, sweet and satisfying finish.SKU: BNR11-NV00700-WS
Smokehead 18 Year Old0 out of 5(0)
A release of 6,000 bottles of 18 year old Smokehead, packaged smartly in an “extra black” bottle. Full bodied and rich.
- Nose : Very peaty and smoky, rich and deep with notes of spice, herbal, some tropical fruit.
- Palate : Medium on palate entry, then builds with spices and peat smoke. Sweet oak, chocolate and peat.
- Finish : Long, fruity, cocoa.
Bourbon, Promotion, Whisky
E.H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel0 out of 5(0)
Colonel Edmund Haynes Taylor, Jr. is widely considered one of the founding fathers of the bourbon industry, fighting for the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897, nearly three decades after he purchased what is now called Buffalo Trace Distillery. During his time, Taylor implemented several innovative methods still used today, including climate-controlled aging warehouses. E.H. Taylor, Jr. Single Barrel is aged exclusively in Warehouse C, which was built by Taylor in 1881 and proven to be an excellent aging warehouse. Each barrel is hand-picked and Bottled in Bond at 100 proof to honour its namesake.
The aroma carries lightly toasted oak, with dried figs and butterscotch. One sip brings flavours of sweetness balanced with tobacco and dark spices. The finish is just long enough to prepare the palette for another sip. The bottle itself is a likeness to Colonel Taylor’s original design used over a century ago.SKU: BFT03-NV00750-WA