BenRiach 20 Year Old 1997 Cask 4437 Batch 15 Marsala Hogshead
20 in stock
- Aged : 20 years
- Cask Type : Marsala Hogshead
- Appearance : Deep Autumn russet and gold.
- Nose : Sweet Valencia orange and peach segments on a cream and biscuit base, smothered in syrupy fruit glaze.
- Palate : Peach melba and sweet clementine fruit salad with lingering fresh double cream and toasted almond into the finish.
20 in stock
Glenglassaugh Evolution0 out of 5(0)
Glenglassaugh Evolution is created by maturing the whisky in a unique combination of the finest hand-picked ex-Tennessee first-fill whiskey barrels. This expression shows great depth of character and finesse, a harmonious combination of whisky and oak. Bottled at 50%, natural colour and non-chill filtered.
- Colour : Crisp harvest gold
- Nose : Luscious combination of sweet barley, delicate pineapple and waves of soft buttery vanilla. Deeper oak spices and caramelised pear develop.
- Palate : Robust, white peppery oak floods through crisp green apple and freshly cracked barley. A gentle salted caramel emerges alongside hints of ripe banana and fruit salad syrup.
BenRiach 25 Years0 out of 5(0)
Our Master Blender works with different casks for this 25-year-old expression to ensure a consistent taste profile batch after batch. The latest batch is a balanced maturation of bourbon and red wine casks and offers a rare opportunity to taste an older expression that has used red wine casks for such a long period of maturation. Later in F19 this expression will move to a five cask matured whisky recipe and be a more natural older brother to the four-cask matured twenty-one year old.
Nose : Rich honey, spices, apples work in combination with superb oak-wood notes.
Palate : A rich cocktail of honey, sherry cocoa and apples, supported by a fascinating presence of citrus and wonderful wood tones.SKU: BNR13-NV00700-WS
The Glendronach Peated Port Wood0 out of 5(0)
The GlenDronach Peated Port Wood is a rare example of Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, made in the ‘old style’, from malted barley dried with Highland peat. Inspired by the historical import of casked port into Scotland during the nineteenth century, the peated spirit has then undergone a final maturation in the finest port pipes, from the Douro Valley in Portugal. The whisky maker has hand-selected and expertly combined these port pipes, to create a rare and surprising expression of The GlenDronach. The GlenDronach Peated Port Wood is bottled at 46% ABV, non-chill filtered and natural colour.
- Colour : Dark amber with a ruby heart
- Nose : Wild strawberries dusted with cinnamon sugar, filled with sweet wood smoke. A warming hint of black pepper and a sprig of mint appear in the back note.
- Taste : Crisp, tart cranberry juice, flooded with waves of Highland smoke, sweetens to red berry compote, with rich, stewed barley.
Glengoyne 12 Year Old0 out of 5(0)
Lemon zest, toffee apples – and a scent of coconut. Hand-selected sherry casks help create this paradise of flavours and rich, golden colour. It’s the taste of Scotland’s slowest distillation, and our insistence on barley dried by air – never peat.
- Colour : Natural, rich gold
- Nose : Coconut oil, honey, lemon zest, dried oak
- Palate : Toffee apples, cinnamon spice, ginger, orange and shortbread
- Finish : A hint of sherry and soft oak. Very well balanced
The Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 70 out of 5(0)
At The GlenDronach, our time-honoured process of production ensures we continually master the art of crafting one of the world’s richest, fruity and complex Single Malts. This Cask Strength release offers a deeper insight into this profile by bottling the whisky in its most natural and non-diluted form. Like all previous Cask Strength batches from The GlenDronach, this expression continues our tradition of marrying the finest Spanish sherry casks from Andalucía; Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez. The Oloroso contributes to the fruity and elegant nature of The GlenDronach, with notes of dark bramble fruits and gentle spices. Pedro Ximenez contributes the robust and full-bodied richness of The GlenDronach, often characterised by notes of dark chocolate and stewed fruits.
With each Cask Strength release, our Master Blender selects the ideal marriage of these two casks before bottling without chill filtration, at high strength and naturally deep in colour, as was the custom before the turn of the 20th century. Add a drop or two of water to reveal a cornucopia of flavour – from wild figs and brambles to baked apple and damson plum.
Such is the reward of our 7th batch of The GlenDronach Cask Strength, a richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky matured in finest Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks.
- Colour : Deep bronze
- Nose : Cherry brandy and chocolate with blackberry vines, wild figs and Highland Toffee.
- Taste : Burst of brambles and ripe sultanas give way to Seville Orange and roasted chestnut.
- Finish : Baked apple and damson plum linger with chocolate walnut and whipped cream.