The Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 7
At The GlenDronach, our time-honoured process of production ensures we continually master the art of crafting one of the world’s richest, fruity and complex Single Malts. This Cask Strength release offers a deeper insight into this profile by bottling the whisky in its most natural and non-diluted form. Like all previous Cask Strength batches from The GlenDronach, this expression continues our tradition of marrying the finest Spanish sherry casks from Andalucía; Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez. The Oloroso contributes to the fruity and elegant nature of The GlenDronach, with notes of dark bramble fruits and gentle spices. Pedro Ximenez contributes the robust and full-bodied richness of The GlenDronach, often characterised by notes of dark chocolate and stewed fruits.
With each Cask Strength release, our Master Blender selects the ideal marriage of these two casks before bottling without chill filtration, at high strength and naturally deep in colour, as was the custom before the turn of the 20th century. Add a drop or two of water to reveal a cornucopia of flavour – from wild figs and brambles to baked apple and damson plum.
Such is the reward of our 7th batch of The GlenDronach Cask Strength, a richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky matured in finest Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks.
- Colour : Deep bronze
- Nose : Cherry brandy and chocolate with blackberry vines, wild figs and Highland Toffee.
- Taste : Burst of brambles and ripe sultanas give way to Seville Orange and roasted chestnut.
- Finish : Baked apple and damson plum linger with chocolate walnut and whipped cream.
The Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 8
The GlenDronach Cask Strength Batch 8
The GlenDronach Cask Strength offers connoisseurs a deeper insight into the distillery’s signature profile, by bottling the whisky at its natural cask strength of 61%. The 8th release of this expression has been matured for 10 years in both Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks, resulting in an exquisitely rich and full-bodied Single Malt, with the full depth of the long maturation in Spanish oak. With each Cask Strength release, our Master Blender selects the perfect marriage of these two cask styles, before bottling without chill filtration and at high strength, as was the custom before the turn of the 20th century.
Add a drop or two of water to reveal a cornucopia of flavour; from mocha, dark chocolate and caramel macchiato to cherry cake layered with sultanas and plums. The depth of flavour continues into The GlenDronach’s signature long and lingering finish, which is particularly notable in this expression. As with all The GlenDronach expressions, all of the natural colour is drawn from the slow maturation in Spanish oak casks.
- Colour : Deep tawny gold.
- Nose : San.dalwood, oak balsam and richly aromatic Colombian coffee, with dark manuka honey, cocoa and Brazil nut.
- Taste : Like sipping velvet, with mocha, caramel macchiato and cherry chocolate cake, layered with dates, plum skin and sultana.
- Finish : Savour the exceedingly long finish of espresso coffee and cocoa, with traces of liquorice and cherry tobacco.