The Glendronach Grandeur 27 Year Old Batch 10
Founded in 1826, James Allardice built his distillery in the fertile landscape of the Forgue valley and named it ‘GlenDronach’, which means ‘valley of the brambles’ in Scots Gaelic. Allardice was a pioneer of sherry cask maturation and would have celebrated today’s release of The GlenDronach Grandeur Batch 10, an exquisite marriage of some of the oldest and most unique Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks from the distillery.
A selection of sherry cask puncheons and butts have been maturing in our traditional dunnage warehouses since the 1960s. It is only some of the most extraordinary and remarkable which have been carefully chosen by our Master Blender, Rachel Barrie, for this special 27-year-old bottling of The GlenDronach Grandeur Batch 10, limited to 2293 bottles.
The GlenDronach Grandeur bottles at 50.1% ABV, is individually numbered by hand and will be available to purchase from specialist whisky stores globally. As a rich and complex Highland Single Malt experience, The GlenDronach Distillery has released this intense sherry expression just in time for Christmas as the ideal accompaniment to the festive season.
“Quietly maturing for over 27 years in the dark of our dunnage warehouses, The GlenDronach Grandeur Batch 10 is undoubtedly a superb expression and a fantastic representation of the smooth, complex and full-bodied style that The GlenDronach Distillery is famous for.” – The GlenDronach, Master Blender Rachel Barrie
- Colour : Intense cherry wood
- Nose : A masterful symphony of ripe damson plum, freshly cracked black walnut and concentrated bramble and apple jam. The scent of old antique leather, truffle oil and cedar cigar box waft seductively,
- as mellow maturity balances the richly sherried sweetness.
- Taste : Exquisite sherry cask maturation combining elegance, richness and complexity. Sip morello cherries in dark chocolate with a crescendo of blackberry jus.
- Finish : Savour black truffle, old-fashioned treacle gingerbread, prune and walnut oil lingering long into the richly satisfying finish.
The GlenDronach Kingsman Edition 1989 Vintage 29 Years
The GlenDronach Kingsman Edition 1989 Vintage has been crafted by The GlenDronach Master Blender Dr. Rachel Barrie, in collaboration with the KINGSMAN film franchise producer, writer and director Matthew Vaughn, to mark the global release of “The King’s Man” in 2020.
Matured in Oloroso sherry casks with a final maturation in Pedro Ximénez casks from Spain, this twenty nine year old vintage is richly sherried, characterful and complex, with an enduring finish. Just six of the finest casks from 1989, one of our most exclusive vintages, have been meticulously selected and married for exceptional character. Each bottle of this vintage release is carefully hand numbered to reflect its rarity.
This exceptional vintage is the same age as the whisky held in the oldest bottle of The GlenDronach housed at the distillery a twenty nine year old whisky, bottled in 1913, just before the outbreak of the First World War. That rare bottle, now over a century old, was gifted to the distillery, and remains unopened as a mark of respect to fallen friends.
Only 3,052 bottles available worldwide from 1st September 2020.
Each luxurious box is adorned with the iconic bespoke Kingsman insignia and bears the signatures of both Dr. Rachel Barrie and Matthew Vaughn.
The expression is bottled at 50.1% ABV. Non chill-filtered and natural cask imparted colour.
- Colour : Tarnished copper.
- Nose : Dark field berry and plum skin on a base of aromatic bitters, sherry soaked walnut and vintage leather. Musk and cedar wood smolder on a slate and earthen floor.
- Palate : Dense autumn fruits meld with date, fig and treacle, rolling into black winter truffle, raisin and cocoa.
- Finish : Blackberry, tobacco leaf and date oil linger into the rich, deep finish.