|Country of Origin|
|Alcohol by Volume|
The GlenDronach 27 Years 1992 Cask 6049 Batch 18 PX Puncheon
5 in stock
The GlenDronach 27 Years 1992 Cask 6049 Batch 18 – PX Puncheon
- Nose : Dark chocolate coated cherry and Victoria plum, with layers of toasted winter spice, angelica, walnut and mint.
- Taste : A swathe of silk velvet carries cherry and plum dusted with cocoa, becoming earthy bramble vine and lingering white truffle.
- Colour : Burnished Ruby
- Bottles : 694
- Date Distilled : 27th November 1992
- Year Bottled : 2020
5 in stock
The Glendronach Grandeur 24 Year Old Batch 90 out of 5(0)
The GlenDronach Distillery is proud to announce the release of Grandeur Batch 9, the latest extremely rare batch of this highly revered single malt, bottled as a 24 year old expression. Personally selected by The GlenDronach Master Blender, The GlenDronach Grandeur Batch 9 has been composed using a handful of highly distinctive Spanish oak sherry butts distilled in 1990, 1992 and 1993, each selected for its quintessential contribution to the complexity of this distinguished single malt.
Matured exclusively in sherry casks from birth, this rare 24 year old expression epitomises mastery of the finest Spanish oak sherry cask maturation. Each cask is woven into a tapestry of exquisite balance, finesse and depth, the prelude to the most persistent and richly satisfying finish. The GlenDronach Grandeur Batch 9 is bottled at 48.7% ABV, non-chill filtered and, as always for The GlenDronach, of natural colour, for richness, authenticity and texture. Each of the 1,487 bottles produced is sealed with wax and individually numbered by hand, presenting a unique opportunity for both collector and connoisseur alike.
“In The GlenDronach Grandeur Batch 9, an unparalleled range of the finest aromas and tastes have been composed from masterful Spanish oak sherry cask maturation, patient aging and careful cask selection. Grandeur Batch 9 is a single malt of finesse, powerful complexity and persistence, reaching heights of maturity and depth of character that approach single malt perfection. The GlenDronach Grandeur is the pinnacle of the signature style, representing rich layers of Highland heritage and terroir, intensified through patient aging in the finest Spanish oak sherry casks.
The expression offers a carefully woven tapestry of stone fruit, baked quince and glazed cherries on a bed of sandalwood, roast chestnuts and subtle muskscented leather. The freshness of oak balsam lifts and lengthens throughout, sustaining the exceptional balance and complexity. With an elegant, deep and perfectly integrated palate, Grandeur combines a myriad of sherry cask tastes in each sip. As time slowly passes, the taste lengthens and deepens towards an elegant dark chocolate mint, raisin and angelica root velvet finish.” – The GlenDronach, Master Blender Rachel BarrieSKU: GDN06-NV00700-WS
Glengoyne 25 Year Old0 out of 5(0)
Elegant spice, treacle toffee, rich sherry oak – with an endlessly complex finish. Matured exclusively in hand-selected sherry casks for a character-building quarter-century.
- Color : Deep amber
- Nose : Big notes of sherry-soaked fruit up front – raisins, figs and oranges. This is followed by wafts of toasted almonds and classic notes of old leather.
- Palate : Vanilla and dark chocolate open up the palate. Sherry comes through yet again, but this time in the shape of rich, well spiced fruit cake. Hints of orange and oak round it off.
- Finish : The finish lasts with notes of red fruits and cracked black pepper.
Glengoyne 18 Year Old0 out of 5(0)
Spicy vanilla fruit, ripe apples and a rich, luxurious mouthfeel. This is the result of eighteen long years and a generous proportion of first-fill sherry casks.
- Color : Medium gold with a rich glow
- Nose : Hints of soft spice and dried peels. A little apricot, honey and vanilla.
- Palate : Creamy custard and dried peels. Allspice, manuka honey and hints of butterscotch.
- Finish : Creamy caramel and malt. Candied peels.
Glengoyne Cask Strength Batch 50 out of 5(0)
Digestive biscuits, ripe bananas and a hint of pepper. This is the taste of Scotland’s slowest distillation, matured in sherry casks crafted from European and American oak. It’s then bottled as tradition insists: at cask strength, unchill-filtered.
- Color : Amber gold
- Nose : Fig, peppery oak, lemon zest and bourbon biscuits.
- Palate : Sultanas, pear drops, chocolate peanuts and orange oil.
- Finish : Long and well-spiced with pepper and cinnamon.
Smokehead Islay Single Malt Rock Edition0 out of 5(0)
A very special, dramatic-looking edition of Smokehead single malt featuring a debossed “Smokehead Skull”. Hugely peaty and very well-packaged!
- Nose : Smoke! Lapsang souchong. Cool wood smoke. Thick and full.
- Palate : Big, puckering peat. Smoky, fruity sweetness, touch of sherry, sultana. Herbal.
- Finish : Herbal, tangy fruits and more peat smoke!