|Country of Origin|
|Alcohol by Volume|
The Glendronach 26 Years 1992 Cask 183 for Southeast Asia Edition 2
Each year Rachel Barrie, our master blender, selects the finest casks from our warehouses to be bottled in their entirety. Each of these cask bottlings imparts their own fingerprint on the GlenDronach new make spirit, delivering unique insights into our award-winning house style.
This single cask was selected and exclusively bottled for Southeast Asia.
- Vintage : 1992
- Cask Number : 183
- Strength : 50.8% abv
- Colour : Walnut
- Nose : Hazelnuts, walnuts, dark chocolate, oak, earthy, caramel, roasted brazil nuts and vanilla
- Taste : Rich burnt toffee, dark chocolate, cola, orange oil, hazelnuts, vanilla and coconut shell
- Whisky, Scotch
BenRiach 25 Years0 out of 5(0)
Our Master Blender works with different casks for this 25-year-old expression to ensure a consistent taste profile batch after batch. The latest batch is a balanced maturation of bourbon and red wine casks and offers a rare opportunity to taste an older expression that has used red wine casks for such a long period of maturation. Later in F19 this expression will move to a five cask matured whisky recipe and be a more natural older brother to the four-cask matured twenty-one year old.
Nose : Rich honey, spices, apples work in combination with superb oak-wood notes.
Palate : A rich cocktail of honey, sherry cocoa and apples, supported by a fascinating presence of citrus and wonderful wood tones.SKU: BNR13-NV00700-WS
Smokehead Islay Single Malt Rock Edition0 out of 5(0)
A very special, dramatic-looking edition of Smokehead single malt featuring a debossed “Smokehead Skull”. Hugely peaty and very well-packaged!
- Nose : Smoke! Lapsang souchong. Cool wood smoke. Thick and full.
- Palate : Big, puckering peat. Smoky, fruity sweetness, touch of sherry, sultana. Herbal.
- Finish : Herbal, tangy fruits and more peat smoke!
Glengoyne 25 Year Old0 out of 5(0)
Elegant spice, treacle toffee, rich sherry oak – with an endlessly complex finish. Matured exclusively in hand-selected sherry casks for a character-building quarter-century.
- Color : Deep amber
- Nose : Big notes of sherry-soaked fruit up front – raisins, figs and oranges. This is followed by wafts of toasted almonds and classic notes of old leather.
- Palate : Vanilla and dark chocolate open up the palate. Sherry comes through yet again, but this time in the shape of rich, well spiced fruit cake. Hints of orange and oak round it off.
- Finish : The finish lasts with notes of red fruits and cracked black pepper.
- Whisky, Scotch
The Glendronach Peated Port Wood0 out of 5(0)
The GlenDronach Peated Port Wood is a rare example of Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky, made in the ‘old style’, from malted barley dried with Highland peat. Inspired by the historical import of casked port into Scotland during the nineteenth century, the peated spirit has then undergone a final maturation in the finest port pipes, from the Douro Valley in Portugal. The whisky maker has hand-selected and expertly combined these port pipes, to create a rare and surprising expression of The GlenDronach. The GlenDronach Peated Port Wood is bottled at 46% ABV, non-chill filtered and natural colour.
- Colour : Dark amber with a ruby heart
- Nose : Wild strawberries dusted with cinnamon sugar, filled with sweet wood smoke. A warming hint of black pepper and a sprig of mint appear in the back note.
- Taste : Crisp, tart cranberry juice, flooded with waves of Highland smoke, sweetens to red berry compote, with rich, stewed barley.
- Whisky, Scotch
The Glendronach Cask Strength Batch 70 out of 5(0)
At The GlenDronach, our time-honoured process of production ensures we continually master the art of crafting one of the world’s richest, fruity and complex Single Malts. This Cask Strength release offers a deeper insight into this profile by bottling the whisky in its most natural and non-diluted form. Like all previous Cask Strength batches from The GlenDronach, this expression continues our tradition of marrying the finest Spanish sherry casks from Andalucía; Oloroso and Pedro Ximenez. The Oloroso contributes to the fruity and elegant nature of The GlenDronach, with notes of dark bramble fruits and gentle spices. Pedro Ximenez contributes the robust and full-bodied richness of The GlenDronach, often characterised by notes of dark chocolate and stewed fruits.
With each Cask Strength release, our Master Blender selects the ideal marriage of these two casks before bottling without chill filtration, at high strength and naturally deep in colour, as was the custom before the turn of the 20th century. Add a drop or two of water to reveal a cornucopia of flavour – from wild figs and brambles to baked apple and damson plum.
Such is the reward of our 7th batch of The GlenDronach Cask Strength, a richly sherried Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky matured in finest Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso sherry casks.
- Colour : Deep bronze
- Nose : Cherry brandy and chocolate with blackberry vines, wild figs and Highland Toffee.
- Taste : Burst of brambles and ripe sultanas give way to Seville Orange and roasted chestnut.
- Finish : Baked apple and damson plum linger with chocolate walnut and whipped cream.