Handpicked Regional Selection Sauvignon Blanc 2019
- A mouth-watering combination of juicy fruits, passionfruit, bright acidity and herbal lift. Pure Marlborough.
- It was a warm and dry season in Marlborough with low yields as a result of unsettled weather around flowering in spring coupled with very dry weather after Christmas. There are advantages to such a season – low disease pressure and excellent fruit intensity among them.
- This wine is made to preserve and highlight its fresh fruit flavours and refreshing acidity. The fruit is pressed to temperature-controlled stainless-steel tank and the juice is vinified at low temperatures over a long fermentation. It is bottled within months of harvest and is best enjoyed when youthful and fresh.
- This wine is from select vineyards in Marlborough, where warm daytime temperatures, high sunshine hours, low rainfall and cool nights encourage the development of the intense aromas and flavours that are the hallmark of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The wine region is centred on two river valleys in the north east of New Zealand’s South Island – the Wairau River and the Awatere River valleys. Soils are alluvial and free draining silty shingles intermingled with stones and rocks.
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is an internationally recognised wine style and accounts for about two thirds of the total vineyard in New Zealand, more than 70% of the country’s wine production and about 85% of its wine exports.
- Green salads, Asian-style salads and slaws, goats cheese, fried calamari seasoned with pepper or chilli.
- Crisp & Refreshing