|Country of Origin|
|Alcohol by Volume|
Dictador Best of 1987 Altisimo
We hand selected whiskey barrels from the beautiful highlands in which to finish our Best Of collection of Rums. The idea being to bring our rums the unique smoky, mineral and leafy notes associated with these whiskeys. In doing so we’ve created an elegant aroma majestically rounded. The marriage of whiskey notes to our distilled spirits highlights the versatility our rich rums by extracting the malty finish and remaining pure in caramel oaky flavour and mouthfeel.
These bottles are part of a limited series – so be one of the lucky few to discover this unique and incredibly rare rum.
Quantity: 300 Bottles
Bumbu : The Original0 out of 5(0)
Our flagship Bumbu Rum is based on the original recipe created by 16th and 17th century sailors of the West Indies, who blended native Caribbean ingredients into their rum and called it “Bumbu” – truly the original craft spirit. Bumbu is distilled and bottled at a 123-year old distillery in Barbados from first class sugarcane selected from eight countries across the West Indies.
The finished blend is aged up to 15 years in once-used, grade-A bourbon barrels. These barrels have a medium dark colour, which gives Bumbu its rich colour and enhances the vanilla notes in its taste profile.SKU: BBR01-NV00700-RM
Dictador 2 Masters Ximenez-Spinola 19760 out of 5(0)
A 45 year-old Dictador Rum from a 1976 vintage finished in whisky casks was shipped to Jerez de la Frontera in the hot south of Spain. There the rum was matured for 9 months in 50 year-old French Oak Pedro Ximenez casks.
- Nose : A profound and mellow nose-feel, lightly nose-drying. The top notes are of Christmas cake with burnt edges, with toasted flaked almonds, becoming gamey and meaty after a while (roast grouse). The mid-notes are both fruity (old Madeira) and floral – a heady, scented fragrance of tropical lilies on a hot night. The base note is reminiscent of burnt toffee.
- Palate : A creamy, mouth-filling texture and a sweet taste overall, with treacle toffee in mid-palate and a suggestion of wine-marinaded and glazed pork. Then a perfumed finish, pleasantly mouth-cooling with lingering warm spice.
- Colour : Deep polished rosewood, with crimson lights. Slow, thick legs, indicating texture.
- Matured in 50 years Old French Oak PX
- Time of Finishing : 9 months
- Quantity : 390 bottles
Dictador Aged 20 Years0 out of 5(0)
Dictador 20 Years rum is made from the fermentation of virgin sugar cane honey distilled partly in copper alembic and partly in a steel continuous column, to achieve this signature full-bodied rum. Aged in oak barrels, allowing for the development of deep, rich flavours. Once it has achieved a full body and perfect taste, the rum is then meticulously bottled and sent all around the world to be enjoyed.
Intense dark amber colour. Big on the nose with soft caramel, vanilla, smoky honey, toffee, dry seeds, roasted coffee and a rich rounded oak sensation. In the mouth, it is very soft and round, yet big and full flavoured, with caramel, vanilla, cocoa and roasted honey – a strong and rare texture. Received Double Gold at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2012 and WSWA Convention 2012.SKU: DTD14A-NV00700-RM
Dictador 2 Masters Laballe 19760 out of 5(0)
A 41-year-old Dictador Rum from a 1976 single vintage cask, finished in Bourbon barrels and then shipped to Laballe in Armagnac, where it further spent six months in an interesting Black Gascon oak cask, medium toasted.
Nose : Great complexity and soft vanilla extract, crème caramel, almond butter, banana leaf esters, punctuated by dried apples and figs, as well as powerful phenols.
Palate : It expands and coats the palate with rich dark chocolate, mocha and toasted pecans as an overlay to the more expansive sea-salt caramel and maple bar, going into a long supple finish that lingers with nice touches of caramel apple and high-grade marzipan.
Color : Dark and brooding mahogany with brass accents, going out into a fine light golden rim with high viscosity and nice ‘legs’ showing in the glass.
Matured in Black Gascon oak cask
Time of Finishing: 6 monthsSKU: DTD08-NV00700-RM
Dictador CAPITULO I 22 Years Old Port Cask Colombian Aged Rum 19980 out of 5(0)
Dictador Capitulo Uno is a series of limited release rum casks aged under the supervision of Hernan Parra. Capitulo, ‘Chapter’ in Spanish, showcases the Parra family’s dedication and hard work, drawing on colorful Colombian heritage to create the unique flavour profiles captured in each of these releases. These bottles are part of a limited series – so be one of the lucky few to discover this unique and incredibly rare rum.
- Nose : Exceptionally fruity, with big notes of juicy tropical fruits such as pineapple and mango. This is backed with a lovely rich vanilla note and some oak spices for depth.
- Palate : A rich and rounded palate of vanilla, white chocolate and chopped almonds, with a hint of strawberry and cassis. Rich and fruity.
- Finish : More of the cassis and white chocolate notes with hints of raspberry too.
Total bottles : 900SKU: DTD26-NV00700-RM