Glenglassaugh Single Cask
Glenglassaugh Single Cask 38 Years 1978 Cask 2343 Batch 3 Pedro Ximenez
Pedro Ximenez Sherry Puncheon
- Colour : Rich polished red wood
- Nose : Gentle cedar wood, honeycomb, red summer fruits and a hint of rich Marmalade
- Palate : Fresh red grape, ripe gooseberry, a dusting of muscovado sugar and delicate orange blossom.
Glenglassaugh Single Cask 40 Years 1978 Cask 1 SEA Edition
Since 1875, Glenglassaugh distillery has sat quietly on the edge of the picturesque Sandend Bay, breathing in the North Sea air which flows through its warehouses and invigorates its sweet Highland spirit with notes of the sea. Silent for a period of more than 20 years, the distillery was re-awakened in 2008 and its stills brought back to life. Unearthed from the coastal warehouses, a rare collection of vintage casks were discovered from before the distillery fell quiet. These forgotten whiskies can now be experienced as part of our Glenglassaugh rare cask series. Glenglassaugh rare casks are a discovery to be made, each cask telling its own story. All casks are bottled without chill filtration, for natural character, with the pure colour drawn entirely from the wood of the cask. This is the first single cask that Glenglassaugh’s Master Blender, Dr Rachel Barrie has chosen to be bottled for South East Asia. Colour of walnut wood. On the nose, you get cherry brandy and caramelized orange with cassis and dark chocolate. On the palate, heather honey, orange and lemon sugar syrup with pineapple cream, cherry cake and lingering currants. There is only 634 bottles available for South East Asia.
Glenglassaugh Single Cask 41 Years 1975 Cask 1277-1 Batch 3 Sauternes
- Colour : Rich gold
- Nose : Hints of wild honey, white pepper spice, yellow pear, apricot preserve and barley sugars
- Palate : Caramelised orchard fruits, warm oak, cinnamon spice, grape skin and rich sweet barley.