Himeji, Hyogo prefecture was founded in 1835, currently managed by its 6th generation. Our sake was made and offered to Lord of Himeji Castle (now one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites) who presented the brewery with a plague written by the lord of the castle himself. The rice used in making the sake is grown by contract farmers in Hyogo Prefecture (Yamadanishiki and Kamenoo) themselves. With the use of the pure and natural water from the Yumesaki River, which has been flowing near the brewery ever since it was founded.
We are one of five sake breweries that are still using the 400-year-old Ishikakeshiki Tenbinshibori (Rock balance sake press) method.